Before you say anything, yes, I know: My fourteen-year-old self was the vainest thing to ever walk the earth. Goddamnit, what was I thinking taking all these pictures?
Getting dolled up for Lakan at Lakambini 2008.
If I recall correctly, that was the last time I ever got my hair done for an event. The next one would see me with my then-trademark bob (you know, before it turned into my present trademark boy-cut.)
In light of Multiply about to disappear, I have spent majority of the afternoon salvaging my photos. n hours and I’m not even one-fourths of the way done.
At any rate, here, feel free to look at these and scream at me for cutting off all that rich, thick, dark hair.
- At some point you will lose everything. It will be hell.
- But because of that you’ll grow in leaps and bounds and that stick up your idealistic, innocent ass will be yanked out. I promise you won’t regret a thing.
- Flirt well, with danger, death and men alike. But never give in to any of them. You aren’t worth any of them.
- One day, though I know right now it sounds impossible, you’ll quit being an ugly buck-toothed awkward nerd and you’ll understand what I’m talking about.
- Oh, and whatever you do, don’t drink any of that stuff your friends will offer you at the Christmas party next year.